Fireshield® TimberClear is a clear, waterborne, halogen-free intumescent basecoat for use on interior timber-based substrates. A sealer coat of Fireshield® Top Coat Matt or Semi-gloss must be applied to complete the fire protection system.
Fireshield® TimberClear is a clear, waterborne, halogen-free intumescent coating designed for use on interior surfaces of timber-based substrates and is the initial coating of a two-coat system.
Following the initial coat of Fireshield® TimberClear, a coat of Fireshield® TimberClear Top Coat Matt or Semi-Gloss must be applied to complete the overall fire protection coating system.
The wood-based substrate must be > 8mm or thicker and have a density > 338kg/m³.
Fireshield® TimberClear offers a clear interior timber coating system that can provide:
- Group 1-S solution in New Zealand fully compliant with the New Zealand Building Code Clause 3.4(a) complying with C/AS2-C/AS6.
- Group 1 solution in Australia fully compliant with the National Construction Code 2019 Amendment 1, CP4 for Class 2-9 Buildings using Codemark CM-30071-Rev 3.
Download the TimberClear System Specification sheets for details of the available, approved systems:
- Standard TimberClear installation - TimberClear-NZ-01-C1 / TimberClear-AU-01-C1.
- TimberClear + coloured stain - TimberClear-NZ-02-C1 / TimberClear-AU-02-C1.
- TimberClear + clear sealer primer - TimberClear-NZ-03-C1 / TimberClear-AU-03-C1
For installations over existing coatings, installations in C2/C3 interior zones please contact Fireshield® directly.