WoodSafe™-Interior is an off site treatment with a certified Group 1-S rating to timber and is for use in dry areas only. It can be coated with any stains or oils from leading paint manufacturers.
Fireshield WoodSafe™-Interior is a factory-applied fire-rated solution used to impregnate timber boards, battens, and plywood sheets in all profiles and many species to provide fully compliant fire-rated timber.
- The fire treatment does not leach from the timber like some impregnation solutions.
- The durability of the timber is increased.
- There is no visible difference between treated and untreated timber.
To request a sample or for more detailed information including specifications please click the image below and we will be in touch.
WoodSafe™-Interior treated timbers are for interior / dry environments and are certified to achieve a Group 1-S rating.
WoodSafe™-Interior treated timbers can be used:
- As timber battens and fins, wall and ceiling linings.
- In dry internal environments with relative humidity <75%.
Use WoodSafe™-Exterior for:
- Exterior use.
- Internal areas with humidity >75%.
- Internal wet areas such as pool environments.
All profiles and species treated with WoodSafe™-Interior are:
- Tested to EN13501-1:2010 and achieves Fire Class B-s1-d0. This is recognised as equivalent to Group 1-S under the NZBC Clause 3.4(a) providing compliance with NZBC C/AS1-C/AS7.
TIMBER SPECIES & PROFILES
This revolutionary new Fireshield system is available in the following timber species direct from Fireshield or via major Timber Merchants in any profile or plywood panel:
- Thermally modified Pine
- Western Red Cedar
- Siberian Larch
- American White Oak
- More species available, please contact Fireshield for more information.
WoodSafe™-Interior for interiors can be coated with stains, penetrating oils, paints, polyurethanes, and varnishes from all leading paint Manufacturers. Contact Fireshield for a full list.
All WoodSafe™-Interior timber products are certified sustainable by FSC and PEFC. Final certification for each timber species will accompany each order.
The fire protection properties of the WoodSafe™-Interior system will remain for the lifetime of the timber.