WoodSafe™-Exterior is an off site treatment with a certified Type A and BAL-29 rating for exterior cedar cladding and Group 1-S and Group 1 rating for use outdoors and interior wet areas.
Fireshield WoodSafe™-Exterior is a factory-applied fire-rated solution used to impregnate timber boards, battens, and plywood (NZ only) sheets in all profiles and species to provide fully compliant fire-rated timber.
The fire treatment does not leach from the timber like some impregnation solutions.
The durability of the timber is increased.
- There is no visible difference between treated and untreated timber.
To request a sample or for more detailed information including specifications please click the image below and we will be in touch.
WoodSafe™-Exterior timbers are for exterior claddings needing a fire-rated solution rating and for wet or humid interior environments requiring a group surface fire rating.
WoodSafe™-Exterior treated timbers can be used:
- As exterior claddings (cedar).
- As timber battens and fins.
- In interior wet and dry areas as wall and ceiling linings, boards or planks.
- As exterior soffit linings/claddings.
All profiles and species treated with WoodSafe™-Exterior :
- Type A: Tested to C/AS2 Appendix C, C7.1 : achieving Type A compliance with C/AS2 NZBC External Fire Spread.
- Group 1-S: Tested to EN13501-1:2010 and achieves Fire Class B-s1-d0. This is recognised as equivalent to Group 1-S under the NZBC Clause 3.4(a) providing compliance with NZBC C/AS1-C/AS7.
- BAL-29: Tested and assessed according to AS 3959:2018, Appendix F, point F2 as a “Bushfire-resisting Timber”. The product is deemed to be acceptable to withstand exposure up to BAL-29. Compliance is achieved with NCC 2019 Clause G5.2.
- Group 1: Tested and assessed according to AS 5637.1:2015 Part 1 and complies with NCC 2019 Specification C1.10 as a wall or ceiling lining system having a Group 1 with an average specific extinction area less than 250m2/kg.
TIMBER SPECIES & PROFILES
The WoodSafe™-Exterior system is available in the following timber species direct from Fireshield or via major Timber Merchants in all profiles:
- Western Red Cedar
- Scotch Pine
- Western Red Cedar
- Douglas Fir/Oregon
- Siberian Larch
- Sweet Chestnut
- Plywood panels (NZ only)
Many more species available, please contact Fireshield for more information.
WoodSafe™-Exterior can be coated with a range of approved and tested stains, contact Fireshield.
All Fireshield WoodSafe™-Exterior timber products are certified sustainable by FSC and PEFC. Certification for each timber species will accompany each order.
The WoodSafe™-Exterior fire protection treatment is maintenance free and will last the lifetime of the timber when stored, installed and maintained in accordance with the WoodSafe technical documents.