WoodSafe™-Exterior is an off site treatment with a certified Group 1-S rating to timber and is for use outdoors and wet or dry interior areas only. It can be coated with Fireshield Signati stain.
Fireshield WoodSafe™-Exterior is a factory-applied fire-rated solution used to impregnate timber boards, battens, and plywood sheets in all profiles and species to provide fully compliant fire-rated timber.
The fire treatment does not leach from the timber like some impregnation solutions.
The durability of the timber is increased.
- There is no visible difference between treated and untreated timber.
To request a sample or for more detailed information including specifications please click the image below and we will be in touch.
WoodSafe™-Exterior timbers are for exterior and wet or humid interior environments and achieve a Group 1-S rating.
WoodSafe™-Exterior treated timbers can be used:
- As exterior claddings that require Group surface ratings.
- As timber battens and fins.
- In interior wet and dry areas as wall and ceiling linings, boards or planks.
- As exterior soffit linings/claddings.
For dry interior environments consider standard WoodSafe®-Interior.
All profiles and species treated with WoodSafe™-Exterior:
- Tested to EN13501-1:2010 and achieves Fire Class B-s1-d0. This is recognised as equivalent to Group 1-S under the NZBC Clause 3.4(a) providing compliance with NZBC C/AS1-C/AS7.
TIMBER SPECIES & PROFILES
This revolutionary new Fireshield system is available in the following timber species direct from Fireshield or via major Timber Merchants in all profiles or plywood sheets:
- Scotch Pine
- Western Red Cedar
- Douglas Fir/Oregon
- Siberian Larch
- Sweet Chestnut
- Many more species available, please contact Fireshield for more information.
WoodSafe™-Exterior can be coated with the Fireshield Signati range of stains.
All Fireshield WoodSafe™-Exterior timber products are certified sustainable by FSC and PEFC. Final certification for each timber species will accompany each order.
The fire protection properties of the WoodSafe™-Exterior system will remain for the lifetime of the timber.